Educational technology like GeoGebra can only facilitate understanding if the students themselves use it. This page contains a list of my post that describes activities and teaching sequence that I think might help to train students in using the GeoGebra tool while learning mathematics.
- Teaching with technology – why technological pedagogical content knowledge is a necessary condition for teaching mathematics effectively
- GeoGebra and Mathematics – includes introduction to GeoGebra
- GeoGebra, Calculators, and Mathematics – why teach with GeoGebra
Integrating learning of GeoGebra in the learning of mathematics:
- Investigating Coordinates of Points – learning the point tool and coordinates of points
- Squares and Square Roots – polygon tools and surds.
- Adding radicals – regular polygon tool and text tool and geometric representation of sum of two radicals.
Other Applets used in teaching and learning
- Quadrilaterals – my post on problems involving quadrilaterals. I created an applet on how to construct a quadrilateral equal in area to a given quadrilateral.
- Making connections through math investigation – includes a GeoGebra applet on preserving area of triangles.
- Introducing the concept of function – includes a GeoGebra applet for identifying changing and unchanging quantities and determining the relationship between two varying quantities.
For step-by-step tutorials and sample applets go to Math and Multimedia blog.